Phoenix JKD Institute is a unique Martial Arts Training and Educational Center. We focus on an overall development of the students’ potentials on five areas of distinct interest:
1) Those who seek actual self-defense skills consisting of four possible ranges in kicking, boxing, clinching, and ground grappling, plus twelve categories of weaponry, rooted in the Lacoste System of Filipino weaponry.
2) Those who are interested in sports competitions such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, and so on.
3) Those who seek an edge in athletic development in various sports, or maybe seek personal development.
4) Those who just want to improve their health and longevity.
5) Those who love philosophical foundations and feel centered in life when training.
Also, with the rise of suicide, depression, anxiety, drug/alcohol abuse, and lack of purpose in society, the youths involved in our programs have the privilege of access to a much more positive atmosphere, and more likely to develop the natural propensity, the necessary discipline, and the behavioral patterns in order to not fall victims to the current detrimental social habits, peer pressures, and bullying. We believe that developing those virtues can set the foundation for not just their physical safety, but also for their general success, their capacity to handle hardships and difficulties, and make wiser decisions in life.
Phoenix JKD Institute is friendly and team/ family oriented. We would like to hear from you and discuss your personal goals.